This hike includes
- your return ferry
- full day guided hike including the highest point on Clare Island, Knockmore.
- Tent and ground mat and stove if required.
- Instruction and guidance on;
- Basic navigation
- Camp craft
Meeting at the Roonagh Pier at 9.45am
The hike requires a reasonable level of fitness. The terrain ranges from trails, steep mountain terrain, bog and roads.
The total distance of this hike is 16km and a height ascent of 600m.
Add-on for the weekend: we will spend the full day exploring the island so we stay out this night on Clare island. Choose and book your own accommodation or book a camping add-on through Two Rock Outdoor
- Tent rental and Campsite fee included : (when booking comment "tent rental required")
What do you need to bring?
- Waterproof walking boots with good ankle support
- Waterproof jacket & trousers (The Irish weather can be very unpredictable!)
- Comfortable clothes to walk in
- Warm layer
- Lunch & snacks
- 1.5-2lts of water
- Comfortable rucksack
- Any medication needed e.g. Inhaler
In addition for overnight ;
Food - You will need to carry snacks and water for the weekend.
- 1 x Lunch (Saturday, on the hill)
- 1 x Dinner (Saturday if not dining out)
- 1 x Breakfast (Sunday - coffee shop near campsite)
- Additional water - top up available on the island
Clare island has one small shop (about 20min walk from the pier)
There is a limited amount to choose from if wanted for an evening meal. https://clareisland.info/eat/dinner/
Lunch however will be on the hill and needs to be prepared before.